Friday, March 01, 2013

Just One...

I just returned from a wonderful week visiting my daughter in Nashville, TN. She and I have always had a somewhat unique relationship in that we have always been close. We can talk about anything and we generally do when put in the same place together. So it is not a shocker when I tell you we talked about everything under the sun.

We talked about dating – her’s and my lack of it! She has a full fledged boyfriend. I have one man that I am very interested in, but I’m cautious and not sure if it really could develop into something serious.

We talked about her dreams for her career in the music biz. I told her about my career and thoughts of retirement. I even am considering a move to Nashville upon retirement. No decisions on that front yet….but it is certainly fun to think about!

I went to the Country Music Hall of Fame. Toured the Patsy Cline exhibit. Explored antique stores and vinyl record stores. Visited the Grand Ole Opry hotel. Watched my daughter do some recording. Was surprised that she had me join in as back up to her on one of her songs. So, I’m now immortalized on CD!

As I wondered the streets of Nashville and ate dinner out with my daughter, I was totally taken by the beautiful men there – all ages – all types.

But then, there are beautiful men everywhere – even here in the Washington, DC metro area. So, why can’t I just find one to get serious with?  One that I can officially date.  One that I can introduce to my family and to maybe even get serious with.  Ah....

No comments: