Tuesday, June 20, 2006

D-Day

Well, today has finally arrived.

The day that I have been dreading.

The day I have been so afraid of.

Here in Albuquerque, New Mexico, a thousand or so miles away from home....it's greeted with kind of a yawn. Yeah, I know what's happening. Am I bothered...? Not like I thought. I've thought about calling #1 to see how she is faring. But I know the answer to that. She wants her mom gone...so that we can get on with the business of life.

A friend is picking me up today to take me to see the sites in Santa Fe. I've never been there. I have my camera in hand....and so, I'm excited about doing something different.

So, I'm going to have FUN. It's time to enjoy my life...

This is the first day of the rest of my life.

I want it to be happy...and good....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking warm thoughts of you on this special day -- congratulations, free man!

--Richardthetenor

john said...

Have fun!!! I'll say a prayer for you.

Bigg said...

Here's hoping that the future holds even better things than you can imagine.

Anonymous said...

Be happy -- and you don't have to be "too good" ;-)

Rick