Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day 2006


Well, here it is, Father's Day...and I'm exhausted.

I spent all day yesterday doing a variety of tasks. I had to do some work at my office (budget season) because of being out for several days this week, I wanted to get some things done. Then #1 and I spent a lot of time organizing things so that my stuff wouldn't wind up in the new place with Lovey. (Lovey was working on her farewell sermon that she will be delivering this morning at church....and, darn, I have to miss it because I'm off on my adventure out West!)

Since today is Father's Day, and I won't be posting for a few days because of my trip, I thought I would share the cards that my daughters gave me. It makes me feel rather nice:

#1 gave me a card with dalmatians on the cover. It says: "It's Father's Day. Let the happy happen." She wrote: "Pop - I know it's not Pop's day yet, but this card reminded me of you. Listen to this message and perhpas it will come true. There is no one quite like you. I love you! Love, #1!" (She gave me several Father's Day cards a few days ago.)

She gave me another one on behalf of herself and #2, because she didn't know that #2 would send her own from Nashville. It says: "From the two of us with appreciation on Father's Day. This Father's Day wish comes to tell you that we really appreciate you and all the thoughtful things you do -- We hope you know how much you mean to us, not only on Father's Day but every day throughut the year." She wrote: "You have absolutely NO idea what it's like to have a father like you. It's amazing. A once in a lifetime (duh) -- I mean -- millennium sort of deal. We were lucky. Just talking with you brightens our day and fills us with peace and comfort. It's hard to explain. Kow that we love you so very much and wish you the very best Father's Day 2006. Love always, #1 and #2"

Then, from Nashville, #2 wrote: "Dad, I love you. Happy Father's Day." She wrote: "Dad, DON'T CRY!! I just want you to remembers today (and every day) just how much I love you and remember this especially when I call to talk about student loans. I ask you all the questions because I respect the knowledge and experience you have with so many things. I'm sorry I couldn't be there last weekend to celebrate with #2, but I'll be thinking of you this coming Sunday, so grateful to have a father like you!" #2

#1 also gave me the card from the dog addressed to "That Man": "From the Dog, wishing you a Father's Day filled with your favorite treats...but anything that falls on the floor is mine!" She wrote: "I love you even though you hog my bed....Love, Davy Dawg"

#1 finally gave me the card from the cat...also addressed "To That Man". The cat and I tolerate each other....and I'm glad it's moving along with Lovey. It says: "From the Cat. You tolerate me, I tolerate you. That's about it for the compliments. Have a good Father's Dy or whatever." She wrote: You know you'll miss me! Love, (...and tolerate_ Snoee....a.k.a. The Pisser."

So, as you can see, in light of the coming changes of this week...it means so very much to still have the love of my children.

I love them more than words can say.

4 comments:

Brad said...

Yes indeed, Happy Father's Day.

john said...

Happy Father's Day buddy.

john said...

Happy Father's Day buddy.

bear said...

hehe...you have such great kids too. Happy Father's Day!
(and have a safe trip.)