Thursday, June 01, 2006

Gone In An Instant!


Yesterday I had a wakeup call. You see, I am guilty of taking things in my life for granted: my family, my children, my health, my job, my blessings, and yes, even my cocker spaniel, Davy Dawg. I guess I should even be thankful for my gayness too!

But yesterday I had a wakeup call…or rather should I say JOLT!

Since Thanksgiving weekend last year, my boss’ wife (for the sake of this blog we’ll refer to her as Mrs. Boss) has been in and out of the hospital for a host of ailments. Now, keep in mind that Mrs. Boss is about my age…and Mr. Boss and her have 2 boys – ages 8 and 9. These people are not senior citizens.

On Mother’s Day, Mrs. Boss was taken to the hospital for yet another ailment, and was immediately placed in ICU. Since that time, until yesterday, she’s floated in and out of consciousness and they have had to revive her on four separate occasions.

I don’t really need to go into the deep dark specifics.

Yesterday she passed away.…

I was there…with a co-worker…supporting our boss. He’s devastated….his wife was the center of his universe.

She’s gone!

Seeing all the sadness and the grief he’s experiencing has kind of put my life back into perspective. Yes, this is my wakeup call. I need to be more thankful and conscious of my blessings….and be very thankful for those in my sphere who love me and are still able to.

No comments: