Tuesday, June 06, 2006

HMMMMMM...


I really must be gay.

Today I saw him. He’s the young kid – a contractor in my office who is going around reviewing air ducts, electrical outlets and wiring issues relating to an impending “restack” of the offices within my building.

He must be 25.

He’s got blond and curly hairy.

When he looks at you with those little puppy blue eyes and grins to expose those perfect pearly white teeth.

Aw….it’s enough to cause someone like me to melt – like butter on a hot griddle.

I’ve seen him now wondering through my office space now at least 3 times in the last two days. Each time he pauses and smiles at me.

Today he actually spoke to me. He told me how nice I looked…and that I must be going to an important meeting. I got flustered and stuttered…or was that stammered….that really, I wasn’t going to a meeting, but I had a funeral to attend.

He paused, and locked eyes with me…deeply and intently, while putting the blueprints he was carrying to his side.

“I’m sorry to hear that,” he said compassionately.

I explained that it was for Mrs. Boss… He actually paused and there it was…that smile. He told me to take care.

He smiled again….picked up his blueprints and walked away…but turned and winked at me.

Did I remember to say how well he filled out his relatively snug dress slacks? Or how cute he looked as he walked away?

Mercy sakes!

1 comment:

john said...

I've had moments like that. I worse than mozzarella in the microwave.