Friday, June 23, 2006

To Begin Again


What do you do with a blank canvass when you have never painted before?

How do you begin a new life, when you feel that you made the old one such a mess?

How do you know where to start, when your life feels like it is in shambles?

How do you become a happy, well-adjusted gay man when you’re not feeling so happy and well-adjusted?

How do you succeed when you are so afraid of failure?

How do you look forward to the future, when you can’t begin to get over the past?

How do you live again when you feel so dead inside?

4 comments:

Bigg said...

You do it the same way you always have -- one moment at a time, one decision following another. For myself, I have taken to asking before every decision: "What's best for me?
We live in an imperfect world, and are imperfect ourselves. We can each only do the best we can.
I wish you all the best.

john said...

I wish I had some answers for you buddy, but I don't. I'm still trying to get out of the closet.

bear said...

Like bigg said.
It starts with a hopeful step. You can use what wisdom you've acquired so far, but you can never truly know if your careful planning will work. You will make mistakes, that's ok. Look past the fear and uncertainty, take a brush in hand, pick a color and make that first mark on the empty canvas. For many, that's the biggest hurdle, that first marking. The rest will begin to flow just like it did before. :)

Anonymous said...

Frank -

I'm wondering, daily, how you're doing. It's been a week. The days must be getting quicker and easier.

You've got my prayers.