Monday, May 07, 2007

A Birthday Note From #2

Just now I got home from the office.

It was a very long and late day...

I went through the mail, and I got a belated birthday card from #2 in Nashville. As is always the case, she made me cry...here's what she said:

Dear Daddy,

I debated whether or not I should write this card right now, simply because I"ve had a kind of down day. But I wa thinking about you and what I would give right now for a Daddy hug, to be able to sit next to you on the couch, snuggle up and just be small again in those arms. I love thos emoments -- when nothing else matters, my troubles and fears disappear because I'm so safe there. This hasn't been the greates year for you and while so many things have changed, one truth remains -- you are a great daddy and you're mine! This is going to be a great year for you. Embrace the happy moments as they come, and accept the sad ones for what they are...stepping stones to more happy ones. I love you so much and appreciate your listening ear and support that you've given me recently and in years past. I miss you and can't wait to see you again and catch up on hugs! Love, #2.

She certainly knows how to get to her daddy.....

I can't help but believe that good days aren't too far away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kids will do that to you.