Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Good Day


Today has been a good day…I have heard all three of my children’s voices. #1 called me first this morning. She announced that the highlight of her day was watching how people milk their cows! I think she’s a bit homesick because she is almost at month number 4 in El Salvador.

She simply amazes me. She has rented a house…all of her very own. She worked with contractors to put in a concrete floor (it originally was a dirt floor), a new closet, and she now has electricity! She even purchased a bed, a table and some chairs! I told her that I still worry about her, but she said, “Aw Dad…there’s nothing to worry about. I have locks on my doors and I have lots of good neighbors. I’m planning to get some chickens to handle the scorpions, a cat to handle all the rodents, and a big dog to handle the humans!”

Goodness! Where did the time go?

Meanwhile, Miss Nashville (#2), called later on to say that she was thinking of her daddy and wanted to know if I was okay. I assured her that I was fine. But still she was concerned and wanted me to know how much I was loved.

Then, my son the marine called. He was on a little ship somewhere out in the Atlantic. He told me that he was coming home tonight (to my house) to check on his girlfriend who has been very sick. I think he said that he was staying through the weekend. Would I mind, he asked. “Heavens no!” I responded quickly. It will be nice to have him visit. The only catch is that I have to pick him up in Richmond around 10:30 or so tonight!

Not looking to the car ride. But it will be okay.

I have invited my Brokeback Mountain to travel with me. So, I’ll get to spend some alone time with him in the trip down. It’s been ages since we have been able to chat. So hopefully we can get all caught up.

I’m also planning to help him get some painting completed at his house on Saturday. So, it looks like I’m going to be rather busy in the coming few days.

I really am blessed to have the kids that I have and to also have friends like I do. I’ve certainly grown over the past couple of years and it appears that I have landed on my feet – both of them!

No comments: