Friday, May 04, 2007

A Lesson Learned


Here I am at what should be the conclusion of things, and there are more delays. The attorney for the other side is apparently inept at best. The documents he sent over for my attorney’s signature are sloppy…not very well proofread…contains fragments……he can’t seem to get my home address right…..(although he has been told repeatedly)…and other inaccuracies.

When I got home last night, I received in the mail a copy of the stuff Lovey’s attorney had sent to mine. This was the stuff that got my attorney all cranked and I can understand why. We just seem to be going around and around in circles.

Who knows?

I definitely have reached another milestone in my journey. It was helped by the fact that no one from Lovey’s side of the family acknowledged my birthday in any form. This has spoken volumes to me.

I don’t mean to be “babyfied” or overly sensitive, but gosh y’all. I spent over 25 years in that family. Technically I’m still part of the family.

They all said they loved me and that I was “special” to them.

Indeed.

I’m beginning to believe that all that affection they had for me was shallow at best. This is probably why I was never comfortable with them at all. It was hollow….shallow…..phony….fake.

Never genuine, but felt like there were strings attached…quid pro quo as they say.

So, here I am, having celebrated my 49th birthday with my parents….definitely deep-sixed from the O’Lovey family and I finally “get it.” Oh, I forgot to mention that I got an email from Baby O’Lovey. It was one of those religious right emails that instructed me to go to the website, wakeupamerica.org and read all about how muslims are going to take over the U.S. and women will be forced to wear head coverings, etc.

After much soul-searching, I have come to the painful conclusions that the only thing I was good for was the creation of the O’Lovey grands. (Probably as time goes on, my role in that endeavor will be further diminished to the point of their creation being a rather immaculate conception!) The only other thing I am apparently good for is to be a source of income for Lovey!

I “get it.”

I know my place.

I know what the rules are.

I desire no further contact with any of them.

At the moment I am bitter. I am angry. Because I feel that I have been portrayed in the worst possible light which is inaccurate. I want to defend myself. I want to scream at them and tell them what the real story is.

But these feelings will pass. I know that.

The bottom line is, I am moving on without any connections to “them.”

A painful lesson learned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what happened. I was trying to comment and it kept coming up blank.

Anyway, I said that you have a place in this world. And it isn't a place where people will take you for granted, will forget to tell you that you are loved, will need nothing from you but your love and will see you for the wonderful person that you are.