Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Storm Surge


Lucky me.

I heard from Lovey again today announcing that I was correct! My attorney HAD sent the documents to her attorney, and they were filed with the court yesterday. She emphasized that she was not being nitpicky.....she just wants this all over......because it has been sooooooooooooooo long.

I can't help but feel like Lovey and her attorney want to blame my side for the repeated delays. They both seem to forget the very long periods of silence from them when we have returned documents after our review. If we held them for even a day or two, they were on the phone trying to rush us.

It's amazing. Just when I think I've crossed the hurdle....and am improving daily.....something happens and I go into a protracted FUNK.

I've been dreading this final stretch of things, because I knew it would be a depressing time.

I was right.

This isn't really a very good place to be.

The storm is still offshore.....but nearing the cost. I'm standing near the beach......the tide is rising....the wind is driving the rain. It stings my face and my eyes...... I have no shelter to run to. I have to stand here and feel the full force.....of everything.

Can I truly survive this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just keep that old Gloria Gaynor spinning in your hear....

"At first I was afraid, I was petrified...

..."I've got all my life to live, I've got all my love to give.
And I'll survive, I will survive!"

Anonymous said...

Frank: Of course you will survive! One breath at a time. Watch the storm, feel it, know that it will pass, and in the difference that follows there will be Frank.

Rick