Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Late Night Visit With Lovey

I just returned from a late night visit with Lovey.

No, it was not planned and no, we're not getting back together.

#1 is in El Salvador and making arrangements to move into her new house that she will be living in for the next two years. She's negotiated her rent which will be $15 per month. She's arranged to have the electrical connections made -- which is a big deal in El Salvador. She's bought some furniture...a table and some chairs. The chairs are $5 each. She also has worked with some contractors to cover her dirt floor with concrete.

All this required money...and she got Lovey to spring forth the $300 to cover these expenditures. She also, unbenownst to her, got contributions from one of her uncles, one of her aunts, and Lovey's new friend, the dentist who were able to chip in another $80. So, Lovey called me tonight from her mother's to see if I could make the deposit into #1's Bank of America account. I'm the only other person on that account and I have an ATM card. So, I drove to Lovey's mom's house, picked up the check and made the deposit.

I spoke with #1 and she is delighted.

While I was on the phone with Lovey, before I drove down to get the check, Lovey made a special point to say goodnight to the dentist......and she said to him, "Good night and bless you!" Made me sizzle inside...but that's okay. It's my issue and I covered well. I did not acknowledge her comments in any form. She also made mention that her sister.....the married one that is also interested in the dentist......was also there but suffering a horrendous migraine. Lovey asked how I treated mine. I wanted so bad to say, "I got rid of you!" But I was nice...and told her my treatment options for mine.

When I got to Mom O'Lovey's, the only person there to greet me was Lovey. She was pleasant...and asked if I was all right....blah...blah. I was direct.....straight to the point....no extraneous comments.

I picked up the check and I was gone. No fuss or muss. I did look back to see Lovey watching me walk to the car.

Hmmmmm

The Bank of America sits directly between my house and Lovey's mother's. So I stopped and made the deposit on the way home.

Everything's cool.

I'm glad that it's over.

Sometimes I feel very guilty at the negative feelings I have.

Tonight was not one of those times.

No comments: