Thursday, June 19, 2008

Goodbye Nashville!

My bags are all packed up. I'm sitting here in the lobby waiting for my son to bring all of us stuff down so that we can load up the car and begin the final leg of our journey to Ft. Worth, TX.

It has been a great trip with the boy so far. Even moreso because I got to spend time with him and his older sister!

Yesterday he and I headed over to The Hermitage, the home of Andrew Jackson. For me, it's always interesting to see these historic sites and get a feel for how people lived in the olden days. (I couldn't have done it -- for sure.)

It was not all stress free though. We met #2 for lunch and during the meal, the two siblings began a very emotionally charged discussion about their mother. To hear them talk made me feel so sad.....and highlighted once more my feelings of sorrow, regret, and yes, failure.

Because the conversation was so volatile, I remained silent. At one point I had to leave the table for the men's room because all the "Lovey" talk made me literally sick to my stomach. I stayed away at least fifteen minutes.....and got myself together.

Why does talk like this upset me so? I can't control how she treats the kids....or how she did in the past and how now they resent her and all that she stands for. The marine doesn't forget much...and he certainly went down the list for his sister. She, as it turns out, has her own lists of things that her mom has done...and she plans to discuss them with her sometime.

It left me wrung out.

Whereas my issues appear to have settled a good deal.....theirs appear to be only now surfacing.

Will this stuff ever end?

No comments: