Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Imagine That!

I had a very quiet weekend.....ON PURPOSE. I did a few things around the house. My son was nowhere to be found. So, I just took it easy and enjoyed the solitude.

However, on Sunday afternoon I did receive a call from my best friend. He called to see if I would go with him to his beach house in Wildwood, NJ. So, since I wasn't really doing much of anything, I said, "Sure!" Was able to make last minute arrangements for the dog, threw some items into an overnight bag, and off we went! We got there about 7pm on Sunday....and started washing windows, getting rid of trash, and trying to figure out what needed replacing that would make the house look a little more appealing.

Sunday night late we were able to sneak off to the beach and the boardwalk. I had my trusty digital camera...and was able to get this picture of one of the amusement piers with the famed Wildwood Ferris Wheel.

Monday morning we were up early....continuing with window duty....scrubbing the kitchen counters.....the bathroom....had carpet laid by Home Depot....installed new blinds....cut down the doors in the house so that they would fit nicely over the new carpet without dragging the carpet or picking it.... The realtor arrived and now she's got the house on the market for $319,000, actually a great deal when you consider that the land is worth more...and someone could come and tear down the house and make a palace on the property. I actually fantasized about doing it myself...but...my finances are not THAT settled yet.

At one point I needed a break from the heat. My friend told me to take his air conditioned car and go check out the local lighthouse while the carpet was being installed. He was watching over that and there was nothing really left for me to do, so I jumped at the chance. Again, with my trusty digital camera, I took this picture of it...and of some of the flowers around the place.

The worst thing about all this was the very bad heat. .
The house has no a/c to speak of and AT&T Wireless had a very BIG outage that began at 7:04 a.m. in the northeast down through southern NJ -- right where we were. Phones did not start working until late last night....when we were almost home. Didn't really make it home until early this morning.

So, as soon as I got home, I died. I was so exhausted I could hardly speak.

As I drifted off to sleep I suddenly realized that I had passed yet another anniversary. Three years ago yesterday is when Lovey lowered the boom and said that she wanted a divorce!

I didn't get sad.

I didn't get depressed.

I didn't cry.

I just rolled over, shut my eyes, and I went to sleep.

Imagine that!

No comments: