Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Greetings From Nashville, TN

Here I am in Music City, USA. Not much Internet service, but I do have time to draft a quick update.

We got here early evening, after having spent a wonderful weekend with my parents' in Huntington, WV. Daughter #2 joined us when we arrived and we had a splendid dinner at her favorite Mexican restaurant. We then headed to her place to pick up some of her gear and she spent the night at our hotel.

Things surely have changed...and I believe for the better. My son appears to have grown out of a lot of his "issues"...and appears to be settling down into young adulthood. He and his sister spent a lot of time talking....and laughing. I just watched from across the table as they conversed.

It really was quite rewarding.

My son and I have spent a lot of quality time talking about a host of issues. It's the first time I can remember where he has been able to articulate his feelings. This is a very big step.

Today he and I are going to explore Nashville a bit. Then, have lunch with #2 at her office. Then, we're going to explore more...and wait for her to join us after work. We'll leave tomorrow morning for Ft. Worth!

This is turning out to be a WONDERFUL adventure with my kids!

No comments: