Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Older, but BETTER?

See the guy to my left?  He is the kind of guy that I hope that I can grow into.  He seems confident.  He is well dressed.  He appears relaxed.  He's drinking his coffee and reading his IPAD on his balcony.

Aw...I could probably create his entire backstory jut by looking at him. 

As I have said on a number of occasions, I have cast my net quite broadly.  I've been brutally honest in the type of person I seek. 

I've also indicated that I am a mature man. Haven't really thought about it too hard, bu tgosh....I turn 55 in just a few months.

Today on one of those apps, a young twenty something sent me a message to say how hot he thought I was.  Now, keep in mind you all that this is just based on a picture of me with a coat and tie.  Nothing spectacular, but it's a good rendering of what I am all about.  I'm pretty comfy with just me.and how I am looking these days.

Then he told me I looked like a TV star.

He couldn't remember the name.

I was curious.  I've never been told that I look like anyone famous.

Finally he wrote me back, "I know who you look like!  You look like the old guy that Emmett was with in QUEER AS FOLK!"  (The Actor, Bruce Gray, to my right)

Well gosh....that made me wilt like a dead chicken.  Well not really, Bruce is a great looking guy. 

But isn't he the one that died in the airplane bathroom after he and Emmett had a romantic rendezvous on a transatlantic flight to join the mile-high club?

Well I will be 55 soon.  So, I'm not the pretty young thing I once was.

But, really, I do like how I'm turning out in middle age and at the beginning of my old age!  So I guess I am on my way to looking distinguisehed, happy confident and secure.

No offense taken!

No comments: