Friday, April 14, 2006

Life Goes On...

Here I am...visiting my elderly parents in West Virginia for the Easter holiday. I look around the old neighborhood...the place that I used to go to...the old schools... So much has changed...but still some things are the same.

The old elementary school was torn down long ago. The fence that once kept all the children safe is the only reminder of what once was.

My junior high is now a middle school. It's still the same.

My high school has closed, but the building is a silent witness to its once greatness. Thirty years ago I graduated with such high hopes and unrealistic dreams of greatness.

The downtown area has faded from what it was 30 years ago. The Sears moved to the mall on the outskirts of town years ago. The other major department stores closed years ago with their buildings standing as mute testaments to the greatnes that has long past.

The majority of the population appears to be elderly. Folks going about their lives.

And here am I. Still gay....single once more....with grown children and a wife who expects her appointment at the end of next week. Hopefully by the end of June it will all be over. I can go on with my life.

Life goes on...

No comments: