Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mother Is Back Home!

Mother is back home, as of 4:30 this afternoon!

The doctor came in today and said that she is doing so very well, that she needed to be home in the midst of familiar surroundings and loved ones.

She can now eat everything in moderation.

She can climb her steps in moderation.

She can drink liquids in moderation.

In other words...she's doing fantastically well.

My family is ecstatic. I'm ecstatic.

She is looking better and acting better than she has in quite some time.

I now find myself utterly exhausted--primarily out of relief from the weeks of worry I've suffered from. I had everything worked out in my mind. I was so sure as to how things would work out.

I was wrong thankfully.

The human mind is an intricate machine. But, for all its abilities, it is unable to foretell the future. It can conjure up all sorts of scenarios and make us feel physically and emotionally unwell. In the end, it can all be incorrect. As in my case.

Words cannot begin to express my thankfulness at having my mother back again. My only prayer is that I will be able to enjoy her and dad for many more years to come.

Thanks to each of you for your coments of love and support. It is so comforting to know that you are all up there in my balcony, cheering me on as I negotiate the twists and turns in the play of my life.

4 comments:

bear said...

Wow, this is great news...eating already?! Cherish this time...it's like a second chance. Shower your parents with love! When my mom became ill before she died, we talked alot and grew closer than ever, we talked about the difficult things like her death even. (It helped me cope later really.) And there are still things I wish I knew that she remembered...like the family related stuff, the stories etc. (A tape recorder would have helped there.) Anyways, not trying to sound like a party-pooper. I'm really happy for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Excellent news, Frank!

I'm so happy to hear.

john said...

Great news!! I am happy for her!!

Stephen said...

Happy to hear the good news, for both you and your mother, cherish it.