Thursday, August 17, 2006

SURGERY AGAIN!

News came late this afternoon that my mother will need to have surgery again in the morning at 11am EDT.

Why?

Her muscle has separated from the incision exposing the bowel and if it is not repaired quickly she will run the risk of having a hernia. The infection in the incision is healing nicely...but this one thing remains a problem.

She will be in the hospital at least 2 days, but more like 4-5 days.

I don't know what to do...whether to go.....or whether to stay here. Mom wants me to stay here. But I think I should go...but I have so much to catch up on at work, furniture delivery on Saturday, daughter #2 leaving for Nashville on Monday.

UGH....I

2 comments:

bear said...

I can understand your concern and worry. If you cannot, you'll just have to wait...you're either waiting here or there anyways.

Paul said...

How about a compromise? Stay at home, but call her every two hours.

I'm looking forward to pics of the new furniture!