Monday, August 28, 2006

A New Week Begins

I've been working myself silly just trying to get my house in order.

It seems that every waking moment I amd doing something to the house. I've lost count of the number of trash bags of "junk" I have gotten rid of. Where does it all come from?

A lady friend came over this weekend to assist my daughter with her room. (This friend had been a guest in my home on numerous occasions during Lovey's tenure.) When she walked in the front door she said, "YOU have really been working at this haven't you? It looks totally different!"

Confirmation.

Words I wanted to hear.

This is the effect I want to achieve.

I want it to be different, clean, organized, nice, yet comfortable.

Things appear to be falling into place rather nicely.

One wrinkle: a letter from Lovey.

She wrote me to say that she thinks she should be getting even more alimony from me because she is just not able to save like she would like. She also requests help on her auto insurance. She then tells me that she is afraid that I am "boxing myself in" financially like she knows I am prone to do.

Hmmmmm.

The only times that I have been boxed in is trying to pay her bills....and since she has been off my account, I've not had any problems.....and I don't intend to have any problems.

To be honest, her letter got me cranked...big time! Even from beyond the bounds of our marriage she is still trying to control things.

Some things just aren't going to ever change.

No comments: