Thursday, August 09, 2007

Good Morning Everyone!


This has been a very busy week, and I apologize for not writing something a bit sooner. To be honest, I've been suffering a little "blogger's block" and haven't known anything to write about.

The same characters are still very much at work in my life -- whether I want some of them there or not.

A curious thing happened at Mom O'Lovey's house earlier this week when I dropped in on Monday evening. I wanted to see how the Alzheimer's Aunt was. They ushered me in graciously and warmly. It was nine o'clock and Mom was rustling around in her kitchen to get dinner ready. She was growsing because of the fact the Lovey's sister and the dentist were supposed to join them for dinner hours before, and they hadn't been heard or seen.

I made no comment, but found it odd that the sister and the dentist were together....but then I'm not surprised.

Some history:

Each of Lovey's three sisters have been married before and are currently enjoying husbands number two. Lovey, as you can see, is a bit behind her sisters, but will one day catch up!

When my mother met Lovey's mother for the first time years ago, Lovey's mother told mom that this particular sister of Lovey's "just couldn't say no" -- if you get my drift. Through the years I have seen this behavior, and although she is a very fundamentalist Christian, she has not had any problems "sharing the love", if you follow.

A few months ago, my daughter #1 made mention of the fact that this sister really ....and I do mean REALLY liked the dentist. As a matter of fact we were all concerned about the fact that the dentist may have set his sights on Lovey...and were wondering how this sister would react to it all.

As it turns out, Lovey isn't interested and was never interested in the good doctor. However, her sister lives in her palace alone because her husband works in Boston. Quite a commute! As such, he doesn't come home but on weekends. This, of course, leaves the sister with some time on her hands.

Her and her husband have had some very rocky times....they've been married for about 8 years. It's his first marriage and her second. He's younger than her...she's my age (49).

So, it looks like some drama is a brewing....

In the meantime, I am coasting along...making new friends here and there.

Friday afternoon I leave for the church retreat and will have no internet or cell phone access.

I'm looking forward to this adventure and the time to focus on receiving some direction as to what to do with the rest of my life.

God hasn't forgotten about me.

No comments: