Friday, August 24, 2007

The Weekend!

It’s Friday!

Thank goodness.

Another weekend beckons. I really enjoy the quiet time weekends afford.

I have absolutely nothing planned other than the usual chores that I normally do on Saturday and Sunday.

One of my neighbors, a single woman who offered some suggestions on the interior decorating of my house last summer, wants to go across the street with me sometime tomorrow for some coffee to catch up. I really do enjoy being around her. So, that should be quite fun.

Brokeback and I get to go to the gay married men’s support group tonight. It will be fun to see some of those guys again. It will also be great getting to spend some time with Brokeback. It seems as though it has been forever since we were last able to visit one-on-one.

Speaking of friends, I got to visit yesterday with a friend I haven’t seen in several months. He’s a gay married man who is locked away in his closet – not interested in venturing far from it’s dark comforts.

He has a laptop computer that is running kind of slow. His daughter made a comment about it being slow. She uses it and so does his wife. He was curious about what would make the machine run slow…and he was shocked when I explained about how computers record and store image files from every web site you visit. He was also amazed when I told him that computers also record every IM session and email you read and write. One doesn’t know about this unless one knows where to look.

His face literally blanched.

Should his wife or daughter find out about all the extracurricular activities he takes part in, he would be ruined. He asked for my advice…and so I shared with him some of what I’ve learned over the years about cleaning out incriminating stuff….and giving your computer a tuneup.

Hopefully this will give him some piece of mind.

1 comment:

Vic Mansfield said...

You have sure done your good deed for the week, sweetheart!