Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thank-you Senator Craig!


Thanks Senator Craig for making my life even more difficult!

Isn’t it interesting how those folks who like to point fingers and say that gay people like me are such perverts…or that we are a danger to the sanctity of marriage……or that we caused the attacks on September 11…..are the very ones who ultimately get caught up in – HORRORS – lewd conduct?

It seems to me that Senator Craig with his “wide stance” and that other State Senator who worked for McCain campaign in Florida who was arrested for soliciting in the men’s room at a park in Florida……or even Ted Haggard who was filmed saying that Christians have the best sex lives – must be horny devils.

While espousing “family values” and the sanctity of marriage they’re off cruising bathrooms or engaging the services of male prostitutes to “get off.”

It makes the rest of us all look bad.

I’m actually afraid to say that I’m gay.

People may think I’m a real toe-tapper!

What do I do now when I have a piece of rolling luggage and I have to heed the call of nature in an airport restroom? I certainly can’t put the piece of luggage at the front of the stall…folks will think I’m having sex behind it and using the luggage to conceal my unnatural activities.

Or what happens if I drop a piece of paper or a magazine and it goes under the next stall? If I retireve it, a Dudley Do-Right detective or policeman will flash his badge at me and accuse me of doing those commonly used signals to indicate that I’m looking for sex.

Oh NO!

What do you suppose it will mean if my cell phone rings while I’m in a stall? I’m sure someone will dream something up if they are aware that I am gay AND in a stall AND talking on my cell phone!

So, I guess I need to just not tell anyone that I am gay.

I’ll only use the bathroom at home.

I’ll check all my baggage through when I’m traveling and not carry roll-on bags.

I’ll keep my cell phone always turned off at all times.

God help me if I am in public and I have to potty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see now that he has relinquished his position.