Friday, August 17, 2007

It's Very Early Saturday Morning

My last guest for the movie night has left.

We had a great time, as we always do. We devoured two full pizzas....soda...beer.....and it was just nice being in the presence of other gay men. Even though I'm feeling just a tad lonely at the moment. It should all pass in a little while.

That's the one thing that I reallly have to work on in terms of adjustment. I tend to really, really look forward to these times of socialization....but then when it's all over....and I've gone back to my house.....it does become a bit lonely.

I long for human interaction.

I suppose that's normal.....especially once yo've been used to having people in your life for over 25 years. There is a certain period of adjustment that needs to happen. I guess I'm not fully over that.

Tomorrow evening should be really fun with the guys from church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frank:

Yes life is very different for you now, it is more varied. There are big group times and alone times, but not the constant with one other times. For the extreme introverts like me, that is great, we need our alone time to meditate, reflect and recharge. For more extroverted people that can be a lot harder. It is in accepting the harder and truly experiencing it that we grow; and you definitely have over the last year and a half that I have been watching you in cyber space.

Thanks for showing me a path from what might for me be the worst case scenario that will start in a month or two.

Rick