Saturday, November 10, 2007

Paranoia

One of the unhealthy side effects of being gay is paranoia.

It is really quite sad. It doesn't make one feel good. It leaves you wondering if you're being silly...or if you are really sensing something that is in need of further attention.

Well, today I had a bout of paranoia to strike.

And this is really silly.

I made a visit to my former mother-in-law's house. It was good getting to spend some time with her. I haven't been to her house in several weeks. So, it was good getting to talk to her and her sister.

As I talked with them, I told them that I had a copy of the movie, "Evening" and would they like to come down tonight and watch it on my big screen. They agreed, but they also said that they were going to dinner with the good dentists...did I want to go too? I said, okay. They then asked if the dentist could come too.

I said sure.

So, dinner time came and the dentist was there. However, he said that he couldn't come over.

Okay, this is the second time he has been invited to come to my house with the two ladies. It's the second time he's had something else that precluded him from coming over.

Keep in mind that this is a man who virtually stays with my former mother-in-law. He hasn't had much of a life. He's the lonely guy, according to Lovey. So that's why he is always at their house.

So, it strikes me as kind of odd that he doesn't come to my house when invited.

Oh, don't worry. I'm not going to lose any sleep tonight over this, but I do find it interesting.

No comments: