Thursday, July 13, 2006

My New Life Continues...


The plumbers are on their way.

#1 and I have been cleaning boxes and boxes of junk and throwing tons of stuff away.

Sent Lovey two big boxes of Christmas ornaments. She's bitching because she didn't get to help select what she wanted. How quickly she forgot that she walked out of here with some more ornaments without my looking... HMMMM....

Then, yesterday I found out something that has affected me very profoundly.

My mother called to say that she was diagnosed yesterday with colon cancer. The meeting with the surgeon is today. She's 72 and very upset with this turn of events.

Me too.

So, when does my new "happy" life begin?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis -- the threatment will not be fun (several members of my extended family have been through it). Enjoy the good days (there will be some) and hug your way through the bad ones.

Mark said...

Sorry to here about your mother. Just went through it with my mother. She will need you, stay close to her.

bear said...

Oh no...I'm so sorry. Rick and Mark look to be giving you really good advice, I'd pay extra attention to what they wrote here.

Anonymous said...

Frank-
Help your mother anyway you can. You'll be gald you did. Do you have any siblings?
I'll keep praying for you and your family.