Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Speed Bump


Good Lord!

I thought that when Lovey moved out, I could get on with the business of living and that things would even out a bit for me emtoionally.

NOT!

Yesterday, #1 and I spent quite a bit of time trying to get things organized. We were able to throw quite a bit of junk away. We located a lot of junk that Lovey forgot. I got to shred a lot of old bills and receipts.

My bedroom is now fully organized. I have all of my clothes hanging in my closets. So far so good.

Then I get a call from Lovey, who happened to be in town visiting with her mother over the holiday...and she was anxious to see our son who she knows had been in town visiting.

Something about the phone call put me in a tailspin. I don't know what it was...but when I hung up from her I was about as low as I have ever been -- for no really good reason! #1 noticed my shift in mood...it wasn't pretty.

#1 and I were invited to spend the holiday evening with Lovey, her mom, her baby sister and husband, and my son. I almost didn't go. The funk was soooooo bad.

We went and enjoyed ourselves. I stayed very low key....and very quiet as I normally do these days. Following dessert, #1 and I decided to go to the movies and see, "The Devil Wears Prada".

By the time I got home from that movie, my mood, or whatever it was had passed. If this were a speed bump, it was a very big one -- you know the kind...the kind that takes out the bottom of your car as you pass over it.

I don't like speed bumps...and never did.

1 comment:

jas said...

Heh Frank - returning the courtesy. I sort of feel that your life is what mine might look like a few years hence. From one who knows weakness, be strong. Your travails are a source of encouragement; proof that a future is possible