Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Rare Moment By Myself


I am writing this in the hospital waiting room in WV. Yes, I've returned here within 48 hours of the time I left. Talk about whirlwind trips. WHEW!

#! and I had to return My Son The Marine home so that he could drive back to his base. Of course, things like this are never without some drama...and this occasion was no different. He was not pleasant in the least. He gets like this...it's probably a mixture of ADHD and the fact that he still suffers residual effects from his childhood. It really grieves me, but there is nothing that I can do, but stand firm.

#1 and I attended a wedding. It was a wonderful affair...and for a few moments, I was able to forget all my issues and have some genuine fun...including genuine laughter. Thank goodness for good friends.

Upon my return to WV today, I headed straight to the hospital as soon as possible. Mom looked great! The doctor identified the problem from the other night. It was the fact that mother needed two pints of blood. Her hemoglobin had dropped considerably. Today she was more like her old self....AND....her coloring is so much better. She has stopped smoking....and this is really helping to make her look at least 10 years younger. AH...this is the mother I know....not that alien that was here a few nights ago.

Still no word on the biopsy.

Mom is hemorrhaging.......

They have eliminated the blood thinner.....the morphine.....the drip.....and she is now working on beginning to eat some semi solid foods.

She's able to drink liquids now.

Everything appears on the upswing. I just pray that the biopsy is a good sign too.

On top of all this, Lovey finally gave me the latest separation agreement.

I just can't stir up the gumption to take a look.

Just too much is happening at once.

Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: