Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Visit With the Doctor


Went to the doctor again yesterday.

It was time for my follow-up visit.

I’m diabetic and take a whole host of potentially toxic medications for diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. We are especially mindful of my kidneys, my liver and my heart. I did have two ear infections and a red throat.

I’m now on antibiotics.

Once again, the numbers are showing improvement. My only “problem” is the fact that my resting heart rate was rather elevated. She took an EKG and no other problems are showing other than the heart rate. So, the doctor made an adjustment to one of the meds I have been taking for many, many years, and today all seems well. I’m rather calm…the heart rate isn’t making me feel like I’m about to fall apart.

Today is the first day in a VERY long time…..that I can say I feel like the old Frank -- happy go lucky Frank….not depressed and sad Frank.

June 20 is gone. I made it!

I’m no longer feeling overwhelmed by all my decisions concerning my house.

I’m excited by the possibilities and not frightened as I was by them.

I’m in a peaceful place…

…and it’s a good place to be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like "a good place to be."

Enjoy!

bear said...

Awesome to hear! Ride it as long as possible. :)

btw, (some don't know this but) follow the recommendations for the antibiotics - like ensure you finish off the entire regiment even if you feel better...it prevents resistant strains.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are feeling well. Enjoy the good times, you have had enough of the others.

john said...

I'm glad you are no longer overwhelmed.