Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Night Before Cancer Surgery

It's Sunday Night in West Virginia.

Mom has been preparing for her surgery in the morning at 7:30. It hasn't been pleasant for her. There have been lots of talk... Talk of what is going to be done. Talk of what needs to be done. Talk of things that may happen.

It's scary stuff.

I don't know what the future holds.

I don't know how bad the cancer is. I don't know if it has spread. I don't know if it's terminal...

I don't even know if she'll survive until this time tomorrow night.

This is a nightmare...a nightmare that I can't wake up from.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go with you all, Frank. It was great talking to you the other night.

bear said...

I know you must be so worried. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

What ever the outcome know that we are with you and that He is with you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Frank,

Please accept my best wishes and hopes for all to go well.

Richardthetenor

john said...

My thoughts and prayers are wtih you and your family now.