Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some Things to Ponder

Hmmm….

I’ve spent quite a bit of time with Mr. Office this week…some planned and some unplanned visits. At all times, and as usual, the mixed signals are flying everywhere! But I’m still being me….and noncommittal and I'm watching him and seeing how he reacts to various situations.

I’ve not done anything stupid.

I’ve not made any grand declarations or pronouncements.

Aw, he is someone so perfect for me…...I think...but I’m just in no mood to pursue him. It is my firm belief that if he were really all that interested in me, he would be making some overtures. I've made a deal with myself that I really want a guy who will pursue me for once.

But he hasn’t. He could be old fashioned...and is just taking things slow. Or...he could be just plain old not interested.

Oh, he has made some interesting omments along the way….and when we’re together he always make sure that he is in very close proximity to me. I heard him tell someone on Monday that “Frank is a real sweetheart.” He's called me "honey"....and he loves to hug. I could stay forever wrapped up in one of those.

And he has made some very noncommittal expressions of affection.

But, before you run away with that concept, please note they are all nothing to get worked up over. I’ve given the same tokens of affection to my dog: a pat here…..a stroke there………or a kiss on the snout.

On the flip side though he’s also made remarks that have concerned me just a little. So, if he were to make the first move, I’d have to ask him about them and have him declare what his true motives are.

I would want a relationship to start because of genuine feelings. Not from feelings of desperation or deception.

Hmmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frank,

Why don't you just come right out and "jokingly" ask him what his intentions are the next time he makes an "interesting comment".

You won't be pursuing him, but in a playful way try and let him know where this is leading to.