Thursday, August 07, 2008

Trying Times

A gay couple that I have become quite close two broke up this past Sunday. The partner who initiated the breakup had apparently been planning to do this for quite sometime. So, in essence, there is an element of deception at work because he has already made plans to move in with a "crush" -- someone that he has known for quite sometime.

The surviving partner was devestated by the news...and is now working to cope with his loss.

WOW, it brings back memories of the stuff I had to endure with Lovey. At least with her there was no third party working in the background, at least from what I can see or know about, that she wound up moving in with! (However, I suspect there was someone who was giving her advice and counsel....and I even know who that person is...)

It's been amazing to me to see this breakup.....and to share with the surviving partner little pearls of wisdom that I learned during my very sad time. What strikes me the most starkly is the fact that, yes, through that painful period....AND GOD KNOWS THAT ALL OF YOU WALKED A PORTION OF THAT JOURNEY WITH ME.......I did learn quite a bit.

So, it only makes sense to pass it along, as needed to other traveling a similar path.

He voiced feelings of aloneness....of profound sadness......of not being able to trust someone else ever........ANY OF THIS SOUND FAMILIAR?

The human mind and heart are so resilient in times of hurt or devestation. One can bounce back so quickly. You just have to embrace the hurt.....not be destroyed by it......work through it......don't give up......and sooner or later you find that your life begins to come back.

At least this is what I have found.

Live comes back in a very sweet and positive way!

No comments: