Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Today Is a BIG Day!


Today is a big deal.

My mom and dad got married 54 years ago today!

That is more than double the amount of time I was married to Lovey.

I can’t even begin to comprehend what that must be like. To be hooked up with one person for that period of time.

It is simply amazing!

Happy Anniversary folks! I love you dearly!


I was busy all weekend long. I was off yesterday too. So, I wasn’t able to devote any time to writing anything here.

The weekend was busy because I spent it with many different friends at differing times….but enjoying the weather….the company….laughing…..talking and eating.

I was also able to get rid of ton of stuff out of my house for the church yard sale. They made close to $2,000. I think this is great.

On Saturday I spent the time touring the Civil War battlefields and also went to Monticello near Charlottesville. Then had dinner there, got home very late…. Arose early the next morning, and taught my Sunday School Class….had lunch with friends from church, went home for a two hour nap. Then my friends called again, for a nice late afternoon visit to Georgetown in DC….and then I went to dinner again.

Yesterday I spent the day trying to get recovered from everything I did over the weekend and do some much needed laundry!

In the midst of all that, yet another friend invited me to go with him to a Neil Diamond concert at the Verizon Center in DC tonight. So we are going to have dinner first…and then head over there!

Amazing huh?

I’m still feeling pretty good by getting to spend so much time with people I care for.

I think this is what life is meant to be all about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. And congratulations to your parents...I can't imagine, but I can hope.