Friday, August 22, 2008

A Wind of Uneasiness

I've been keeping in close contact with my mother and yesterday she dropped a new bombshell on me: they've found a spot on one of her lungs...and also enlarged lymph nodes.... They did biopsies of all those and we're now awaiting the results.

I feel guilty that I'm not there.

But I've been involved in some very critical meetings here at the office. On top of that, I have my daughter Laura coming to town on Monday because she is giving her first major concert at a local university on Wednesday evening. Mother wants me to videotape that.

So, I feel quite stuck! VERY stuck!

Plus I'm scared.

And, as an only child...I feel quite alone in dealing with this.

It's all very scary.

Gosh, it's one drama on to the next isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed facing the potential mortality of your parents is scary. I and many others of your readers have been there. Know that we will continue to be here as you need us.

Rick