Friday, September 28, 2007

It's The Weekend!

What a week I have had!

Can you believe it?

My children are actually afraid that I am going to "get back together" with their mother.

"Why?" you may ask.

All because Lovey and I spent a lot time together this week.

Last night she came to my house with her aunt. She brought dinner and wanted to watch the movie, "We Are Marshall."

We were cordial.

We were pleasant to each other.

At the end of the evening, she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Today she called as she was speeding down the road to a wedding in Williamsburg. She wanted me to know what a great time she had at my house!

I brush these things off pretty easily because I have no intentions of getting back together with Lovey. I'm enjoying my alone time.

Really.

And the peace and quiet that I have without having to walk on egg shells to keep someone happy...or peaceful.

While I was away this weekend, I got a lot of supportive telephone calls from my many gay pals. They wanted me to know that they were thinking about me. They said things to make me laugh. They also knew that Lovey was in the car. So they got super raunchy.

It was all I could do to keep focused on the steering wheel.

One of my friends made me tear up....when he said that he wanted me to know how much he and the gang loved me...and that they would be praying for me. It really meant a lot. And as I have said many, many times before, my tears are just barely under the surface...so it doesn't require much to get the tears flowing.

Lovey observed all of this.

Near the end of our trip, she made the comment that if we were still married, those phone calls from friends would have disturbed her. I asked her why.

She has this compelling need to be the first and foremost person in my life.

I said, that while she used to be my primary person, and if I had received the calls then, it shouldn't bother her. After all these calls were my friends calling to chat with me. It wasn't about sex....or a hookup. She still said that it would have bothered her.

Interesting.

I have to say that when she appeared at my house last night, I was so very proud of my house. It was clean from stem to stern. It looked great.

When she came into the house, the first thing she said...."My, it smells so clean in here!"

I wanted to say, "Well, that's because it is clean!" But I didn't....I was just the gracious host.

That's me these days....always trying to be the gracious host!

2 comments:

jen jen said...

Frank, you should tread lightly. Even though you have no intentions of getting back together with Lovey, I'm afraid she is thinking otherwise. She has a dominant personality. Lovey is used to getting what Lovey wants. When she realizes that your not interested, the gates of hell will open and her fury will be released.

Unknown said...

OK, Frank. I take back what I said about you being cruel to Lovey a couple of posts back. You are the perfect ex-. I'm sure it will pay off, as she reflects on you and herself.