Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Secrets

During the time I was married to Lovey, I noticed how her family kept secrets from one another. They especially had secrets that they kept from Dad O’Lovey because he was known to go ballistic over very stupid things. Ultimately he would calm down, but the grief he exerted was just not worth it.

I had my own secrets that I kept from my family which were all centered around the gay thing.

I hated it.

It really bothered me that I couldn’t be the person I was intended to be.

I had to keep a significant part of me hidden away from public disclosure.

So, here I am now, trying to live authentically without secrets. I’m pretty much “what you see is what you get.”

But I still see glimmers of the old secret ways reflected n Lovey’s family and being transmitted to my daughters. Oy….I hate it.

For example, the latest open secret in Lovey’s family is that one of her sisters is not having a very good time with her husband of eight or nine years. This is the daughter that Mom O’Lovey told my mother that she “just couldn’t say no” to certain physical pastimes with the opposite sex.

This is how the first grand child came to be.

This is why she got married the first time.

There are lots of skeletons in the closet there. Everyone talks about it. I believe it will be only a matter of time before this sister and her husband split thus signaling the beginning of round three.

You see, each of Lovey’s sisters have all been married one time before. Each of them are now on husband number 2. So, this particular sister would then be free to pursuen husband #3.

As far as Lovey is concerned, I heard through the grapevine that she has been grilling the girls about what they have said to me about her love life. I happened to ask #2 if her mom has herself a man yet, to which she responded, “that she wouldn’t tell me if she knew.”

Excuse me?

Is there a serious secret here?

Again, this all exposes an interesting trait about Lovey…she wants everything about her kept secret. She wanted to divorce kept secret. She wanted the identity of her attorney kept secret. Now she wants information about her dating habits kept secret.

Clearly I’m missing something here.

BUT, I don’t miss the associated drama.

No comments: