Monday, January 28, 2008

Early Morning At Frank's House

Well, it is just after 6am on a Monday morning.

I'm awake, bathed, shaved, combed, dressed and ready to walk out the door to my office. I'm actually feeling pretty foxy...which, in the face of my various health problems is a miracle!

I visited my doctor on Saturday. (For some strange reason, she is now keeping Saturday hours as one of the only days she is in the office -- but you won't hear me complaining because that way, I don't have to take time off from work!)

She shared with me the results of my recent bloodwork. The cholesterol total is UNREAL. It is now at 112. With it being that low, my chances for a stroke are further reduced by 40%. All the other numbers are excellent. Even the old thyroid appears to be behaving itself! But, I do need to keep watching the sugar levels. They are very easily thrown offtrack and then I pay for it by feeling so bad. It's just not worth it.

She continued to inquire as to how I'm doing now that each passing day takes me further and further from the relationship I had with Lovey. I told her that each passing day gets better. She told me that I would continue to feel better....and that my bloodwork numbers continue to bear out the fact that actually the divorce has been one of the nicer things to happen to me.

So, there we go -- added confirmation!

I got to chat with my daughters all weekend long. #2 had her first official "gig" in Nashville on Saturday night. She's now working on polishing her performance skills. She said that she had a ball and really enjoyed herself. She's looking forward to the next time she is able to do this. (She was asked to become the vocalist of this band....and this was her first time. They apparently loved her.....)

#1 in El Salvador is having a good time too. She's joined the local soccer team. She loves playing that sport...and has always done quite well with it. I think she's sort of wowed the locals there with her abilities!

My son, the marine, is mad at me because I did not okay his purchase of a motorcycle. There were just too many what-ifs.....and he wasn't sure that the deal was even a good one. So, I told him that we could purchase this upon his return from Iraq in May.

So, he's not speaking to me.

Ah, the life of a parent.

Well, I need to get up from here and head into DC.

2 comments:

john said...

I'm with you...motorcycles scare me.

Bigg said...

I've been off the net for a bit with my poor health, but it's great to hear that your own situation is looking up. I think of you often, Frank, and wish you the best.