Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Obsession?

Obsession with the EX?

I don't think so.

But yes, there are some unprocessed feelings that are now surfacing....part of the mourning period I suppose. They are just now surfacing.

Feeling sorry for myself?

Hardly.

I've made great strides along the way. I've landed on my feet. I'm busy trying to identify those things that make Frank happy.

Not an easy task.

Life has a way of moving on with or without us.

But I'm definitely onboard the train.

Oh I have my moments.

But let's be clear:

I'm dealing with a sprig of bitterness at my ex because of all the hell she put me through during the separation. Plain and simple. It didn't have to be that way.

Yeah, I knew I was gay at the beginning, but I was told by society, by the church, that I could change. HOG-WASH. But, had I not been married, I would not have the three marvelous children I now have....and I wouldn't give that up for anything.

A recent commenter says to "lose the bitterness" ... "move on."...."don't you think she (the EX) has a right to be bitter..."

Hmmmm.

Interesting concept.....but how does one lose the bitterness, especially when one doesn't know why it surfaced at this point. Move on? I'm doing my darnndest.

Oh yeah....I forgot. The EX.....

She should be bitter......after all my gayness is all about HER!

Yup, I forgot about that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deny being obsessed with your ex-wife?? Dear Frank please wake up & smell the coffee - your blog talks more about her and your resentment towards her than about yourself!

How do you expect her to behave when her husband suddenly declares he's gay & shatters her life and her family - put the flags out & shout 'hooray?'

It seems to me - and many others - that it's the woman who suffers most in these situations. Dry your tears Frank and show some empathy; how many tears do you think SHE's shed?

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are obsessed with your X - perhaps you could be a little bitter because she did not live up to your expectations as a WIFE and MOTHER....I have gathered from all of your posts that she was one self centered, egotistical woman.....and nothing else mattered but HER and her WANTS. Cut the losses.....of 25 years.....and COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS.