Thursday, January 10, 2008

Running Toward Adventure!


I have been so busy the last few days that I must confess, I’ve not been able to focus on what I should be writing in this blog. At times I feel like I’ve almost run out of things to say because my world appears to be coming together and getting into order. I wonder at times if really anything that I say at this point will really contribute to your personal growth or not.

But, I still feel the need to write.

So, write I will until you all quit reading or tell me to get a life.

I keep feeling better and better about myself. I believe that inner wellbeing is beginning to spillover into my appearance. BUT, I’ve got to be really careful. In the past 3 months since I’ve been on insulin and also on the thyroid meds, my bod is beginning to fill out. This is translated: getting fat!

So, I really need to watch it now that the holidays have passed.

As I lead my life each day, I’m amazed at the changes I see in me…both subtle and major.

For the longest time, as an example, I felt I had no really close friends. I was too busy keeping my walls of protection up and I stayed aloof and distant. People who met me during that time probably thought I was a real piece of work. And you know something? They were right. I was a piece of work. At times I felt like I was teetering on the edge of the abyss.

If I fell into it, I’d be lost forever, I thought.

But here I am. I’ve stepped many footsteps back from that edge and I’m enjoying what life has for me.

I’m discovering the old Frank that had been lost for so long. I’m learning what he enjoys. He likes to read. He likes to pray. He likes to explore new places and stores. He loves digital photography and taking pictures. He’s beginning to enjoy making new friends. He’s enjoying the friendships he already has made this year. He’s enjoying his spiritual journey and learning how to minister to others.

Every day is an adventure.

I’m learning to run to it with open arms -- eager to see what happens next – not quivering in my tracks afraid of my shadow!

No comments: