Friday, January 11, 2008

HIM....again!

I saw him again today.

You know the one.

I've written about him before....

The guy that shares the same first name as my boss.

**sigh**

We almost ran into each other in the men’s room -- LITERALLY!

His presence certainly fills up a room – even the men’s room.

No, this wasn’t a Larry Craig, wide stance moment.

He and I actually chatted a bit.—at the sink. He smiled. God, that smile could melt the polar ice caps. He wanted to know what I was doing over the weekend.

I was tongue tied. God, why do I always get that way around attractive men? I must seem like a moron.

I can't even remember what I said.

He told me how busy he was and that he was trying to get a presentation ready today for his boss. I talked about the new employee in my area that I’m helping to get established in the office.

We chit chatted more and somehow it became appropriate for me to ask him how long he’s been at the agency.

He’s been here only 3 years. Gosh, I’ve been here ten times longer.

I told him that he was a real whipper-snapper.

Gosh, I cannot believe I used that term. Who says that these days? It makes me sound so ancient and like I from another dimension.

EEK!

We continued chatting. I was drying my hands now.

I made him guess how long he thought I’d been at the agency.

He was kind and only guessed 15 or 22 years.

I smiled and felt my insides cringe as the words 30 years rolled from my lips.

He must think I'm 80.

There was a slight pause.

“Of course, I started working here when I was two,” I added.

We both laughed.

He then asked if I was getting ready to leave the agency in search of a peaceful mountain stream…or the beach.

AH HA! My opportunity to share my marital status! So I said, “I don't think so. Since my divorce last year, and the fact that the EX is getting half the pension, I—“

“Need to work until you die?” he completed my sentence.

There that smile was again.

Blinding. Simply blinding.

He shook his head……”Too bad,” he said.

“Yes, it really is.” I agreed.

Then, we parted ways.

No comments: