Wednesday, January 02, 2008

It's Back to Work Day!

Gosh...are the holidays really over now?

I guess so because I'm scheduled to work today and the rest of the week. As I recall, my staff will be out until Monday. So, hopefully I will have a quiet day when I get to the office.

Yesterday started off badly for me. It was truly depressing to sit and look around at my house and realize that all my children are scattered to the four winds. It was bad. So rather than sit in the shadow of the Christmas lights and to feel sorry for myself and to focus on how miserably lonely I felt, I started cooking. I went wild in the kitchen. I baked a big ham, cooked some corn, carrots, peas, mashed potatos, sweet potatos, and prepared cole slaw. I then also featured hot rolls and butter and apple sauce followed by a pumpkin pie.

I then had two gay couples over for dinner and we visited while we ate. Then I took them to the basement where I showed slideshows of some of our events that we've enjoyed together this holiday season. I then let them hear some of the newer recordings by my daughter, #2 and showed her Senior Recital Concert that was professionally filmed in Nashville. (All the guys have fallen in love with my daughter.....and they had wanted to hear some of her music.)

In the evening, my niece and her husband came to devour left overs and to watch a movie.

I found that it was just so good being with people.

I really don't do well alone on holidays.

1 comment:

Vic Mansfield said...

Good job taking care of yourself. I'm the same, with holidays. But I can't cook!
Shalom and cheers for the new year!