Monday, January 21, 2008

A Quiet MLK Day.

I'm still amazed at all I saw at MAL yesterday.

I don't mean to sound critical and please keep in mind that this is the comment of a very boring and dull...vanilla kind of guy.

But with all the stuff I saw up close and personal yesterday, is it no wonder that the religious conservatives go all ballistic about us gay folks? l mean, there were all kinds of things going on in public. I even saw a very few ladies....like maybe 3 or 4 out of several hundred gay men. I saw three hispanic maids from the hotel wandering through the exhibit hall on their breaks. GEE...I wonder what they thought! YIKES!

Well, for all that excitement, today has been very dull and boring. I've been home all day...curled up mainly with my dog....listening to the wind blow. I've just not been interested in doing much. I'm just not in the mood.

I talked to my daughter in Nashville a couple of times. She seems happy. However, she was grousing about her mother not returning an important email she had sent last week. She said that when she finally got an email from her mom, it was very brief....nothing substantive.

"You're surprised?" I asked. "I am amazed since you know how your Mom's only interest is in church."

Silence on the other end of the phone.

I changed the subject, but my little comment certainly drove the point home.

I work very hard not to mention their mom in my children's presence. When I spoke to the Marine on Saturday, he started grousing about her as well. I held my tongue.

I never want it to be said that I'm trying to turn the kids away from their mom. She seems to be doing a first-rate job of that herself. Still, I know such accusations are gonna be hurled...but I just can't be bothered by it.

So, we'll see.

In the meantime it's just me and the dog.

No comments: