Sunday, May 11, 2008

Better Late Than Never!

I returned safely from my weekend spiritual retreat.

Once more I am stunned at the fact that I have gained so much by a very few short days spent focused on my spirit....and where that I am headed. This year we met in small groups for the majority of the weekend. I got a chance to really share some things deep from within and it helped me to be able to open up. Afterwards I felt so very close to my group mates.

I'm still amazed at the fact that even though I am being authentic in who I am while attending this retreat, these people still love me and accept me for who I am. They seem to love me unconditionally which means so very much to me. I can't begin to describe it here.

I still struggle with loneliness.....and the desire to have a boyfriend/partner/husband. The retreat helped me to realize that I may very well spend the rest of my days alone. Which I guess is okay.....but God knows that I pray this won't happen. I have so much love to give to someone. I don't want that to ever shrivel up and to die.

This weekend was busy from a family point of view too. My mother turned 74 on Friday. I sent her two dozen mixed, long stem roses -- one dozen for Mother's Day and one dozen for her birthday. I also heard from my daughter in Nashville who has spent the majority of this day trying to reach her mother to wish her a Happy Mother's Day....and unable to reach her. My son just came in for the evening and he announced the same problem.

I guess Lovey is keeping busy......with all her ministry stuff. I think she should make herself available to her children on such important days.....regardless of what is going on..... But obviously she hasn't....

(Then she wonders why she doesn't have a close relationship with the kids.)

I have no dogs in this fight...so I will leave it all alone.

It is pouring rain outside.....and I am having leaks in my bathroom through the ceiling vent. I'll call this week for repairs.

But I'm so thankful to be home.

Pray for me.

No comments: