Friday, May 02, 2008

A Wonderful Day

So far, turning 50 has been outstanding and perhaps the highlight of my life thus far.

I have had a simply delightful day with my parents. We've talked.....we've reflected......we've laughed......and we have been so thankful for the blessings that I'm now experiencing.

The age of 50 is a milestone...and I really look forward to the next 50 years. Hopefully by that time I will have found a partner -- GAWD I hope he is gorgeous...LOL. Seriously, I'm expecting some really neat things to happen. I'm looking forward to see what my kids do with their lives....and to see when their mates come into their lives. (As an aside...I know I got grief from some of you because of my comments about Mr. Bodybuilder...and how he left my daughter's life. However, I'm proud to report that he and #2 have patched things up...and they are chugging back down the path of dating.....and love......and the butterflies in the stomach.....and the fear of figuring out just how far they want things to go.....blah....blah. I still feel that he is "the one" for her. I'm not telling her this. I telling each of you this because I want to, at some point, be able to reach to this posting and point to it and say, "See, I knew this all along!" We'll see.)

Saturday is the BIG celebration for my birthday. I'm having 54 people in. Isn't that great? Especially when you consider that during the awful period of separation and divorce, I felt I had no friends.

I am so thankful for being at the place I now am. It's been a long time coming.

Yes, my life is coming together nicely.

No comments: