Thursday, May 01, 2008

Happy Birthday Frank!


Well, the big day has finally arrived and yours truly can now say, "I'm as old as dirt!"

Aw, not really. I understand that these days 50 is considered the new 30.

So, here I am starting the next half of my life. I pray that it is gonna be much more fun than the first half was. Oh, there were some great times durin the first 50, but there was a lot of useless drama, sadness, and heartache. But that was then, this is now.

My parents arrived all safe and sound yesterday evening. I then took them to dinner at Cllyde's....a super nice restaurant not far from where I live. They said they would have enjoyed Wendy's, but I wanted to do something nicer for them. So we went to the restaurant of my choice, and they seemed to enjoy it.

Dad was just a bit cantankerous....but I gently kept things positive...and he got okay.

I worry about him.

So, here I am....officially 50 years old!

What's next?

4 comments:

Vic Mansfield said...

And Happy Birthday, indeed. If you're old as dirt, I'm way gone! It still works, it's still fun!

Ageing is the only way to LIVE! have it, bro.

Don't make too much of it. Just have fun and give thanks!

Cheers!

Bigg said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FRANK!
I wish you all the best.

Unknown said...

Happy 50th! I'll be passing the same milestone in a few months, so keep telling us what it's like on the other side.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday
I wanted to say it earlier but it kept giving me errors :-(
Anyway I hope the next 50 years of your life is much much better than the one you went through and hopefully you find the guy you really love.
BTW getting that old is a nightmare to me that means you're TOO OLD. :-D
I'm so bad but you're so kind so take care of yourself