Monday, May 12, 2008

To The Man of My Dreams


A person in another one of those groups that I'm a member of wrote the following on Mother's Day. I relate to what it says and thought I'd share it with you.

TO THE MAN OF MY DREAMS:

As the sun goes down I feel the day slipping through the fingers of time and reflect on its purpose and course. I know that it was a day spent and I know it was not the best. It did not have you in it and it did not have love. It may have been necessary and it may have been compelled, but it left me empty, wanting, and longing.

I dream of you in my days, to fill them full with purpose and fulfillment. I dream of nights that never end, yet speed so quickly and are gone. Nights with naked bodies hard and soft and aromatic and sensual. Bodies filled up with love and happiness. Bodies used and content and sufficient for their need.

I dream of the face of God made manifest in your eyes and heart and soul. Where I can go to know who I am and rejoice in the beauty and perfection and absolute acceptance and love. I dream of days without end where I can find you in them, beginning and end, to make each day complete. To make my soul complete. Then what happens within the times you're not possessed are okay and will not pull me down or make me regret.

My dream man, you need me to take care of you! I need you to take care of me!

How I wish I were there with you today! Oh to spend this night with you my love! How my heart and soul and body aches for that! You, mine...all mine! And I could make love to you as much as I want! I could make love to you with my heart and soul! I could make love to you so that the earth would stop in wonder at such love! My soul could sing such glorious songs! I need you so much! I miss you so much! It hurts in my hands and heart for the need of you! I need you so badly I wonder if I can breath for the need weighs down so heavy!

I've tried so hard to be strong and patient, and I have done well, have I not?

But sometimes when the day is long like today, my strength fails me and then I implode upon my need and it consumes me!

And there after all...what is left and shining in the ash? My love for you...my love for oh man of my dreams! My love image of you rises up from the ash like a phoenix new and reborn and full of power to save. My man is there with big strong arms and so much love and so much power to change my world and make my dreams come true! And he spreads his wonderful phoenix wings and soars into a perfect colored sunset sky and takes me with him!

******

I'm not alone in my dreams and longings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The man of my dreams is still a dream for me, yet I feel I will meet him face to face one day. I love the imagery in this post, feeling that I will one day rise from the ashes of my broken, failing marriage and be the man I know I can be, and share my life with someone who will love me as much as I love him.

Chuck