Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Celebration Continues...

It has been an excellent day.

In the midst of all the hustle and bustle of my office life, my staff decided that they wanted to celebrate my 50th. So they gathered me up and whisked me away to one of my favorite restaurants and treated me to a nice lunch. They even surprised me with a visit from two former subordinates that retired a number of years ago!

GEE!

It was so good to see all of them and to celebrate with the "gang".

I just can't believe all the fuss that folks have made over me....

I sort of feel like Sally Field when she won her Oscar: "You like me....your REALLY like me!"

This event is the end of the celebrations. You're probably sick of hearing all about everything concerning my birthday.... So, I promise to not write another word!

In the meantime I keep taking one step after another...remembering with each step how far I've come on my journey. As I walk, I wonder if I will ever reach the place where I have another's strong hand in mine.....

In the meantime I will keep walking.

Alone.

No comments: