Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Morning

It's Monday morning and I'm beginning to stir. I slept so good and now this is the beginning of a very hect tic week.

The heating and a/c guy is reutrning to repair the exhaust from my hot water tank that was detected to have problems last fall. I'm meeting with my attorney to have a will completed. This is the final touch to assure that my kids are taken care of and that Lovey does not try and funny business at my death, to try and usurp her control.

I'm having my gutters cleaned and the downspouts repaired from where they overflowed and shifted during all the heavy rains of last week. I had the equivalent of Niagara Falls cascading over my front door.

My son leaves this afternoon to return to Camp Lejeune. This is to do his final checkout before he moves across country to Texas. (I'm going with him for that...which should be quite fun.)

I've also spent a lot of time reflecting on the events of this weekend. I went to my niece-in-law's graduation party. I had a decent time...the food was great....and Lovey did not attend. Not sure why she wasn't there.... I didn't ask. I had just assumed that she would be there. After all, it is actually HER niece.

My niece's brother also graduated from college....but he graduated in December. The party was also for him too. However, thankfully, I brought my trusty checkbook and was able to give him a small monetary token and to give him a big bear hug to let him know just how proud I was of his accomplishments too.

Both of these kids seem like mine.

It has been so much fun watching them grow into fully productive adults. My niece is also pregnant with her first child and is expecting that delivery to be on or around July 3.

So, does that make the new child a "great niece?" (Yes, we all know it's a girl.)

Church was also good. We're getting a new associate pastor, who is male. That makes all the guys at my church happy. Perhaps this new guy will help grow the number of men attending my church. Right now there is an over abundance of women....so a few more men wouldn't hurt.

Today I am feeling really encouraged by everything in my life. I can't believe just how far I have come. How I have matured. How I've left the "neediness" behind.....and the doubt and the fear.

At least for now, my life is without fear or questions.

Life is pretty good!

1 comment:

August said...

Frank - I've been reading your blog for a couple of months now. I can't remember how I stumbled upon it - but I've been captivated by your courageous and interesting journey.

I wanted to "out" myself to you. And also, I am tagging you for a story-telling meme, if you're interested. Details on my blog!