Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Get That Boy Some Rest!

It's all catching up with me.

The excitement of the past few days including the week that my parents were here. It seems that I'm on a never ending treadmill of activity. This is okay actually because I don't like to be doing nothing.....or just sitting alone and feeling sorry for myself. I have a lot to be thankful for including the fact that I have been so very busy. It keeps the adrenaline flowing and my heart rate pumped. I'm just very, very excited about it all.

But tonight I am quite tired. I need to crawl in my big, soft bed and relax. Maybe I should curl up with a good book and begin reading. It's been quite sometime since I've read anything truly substantive. I do enjoy doing that and pondering the words of someone else.

I often dream of turning this blog into a book and perhaps broadening the audience a bit. I'm so amazed at the number of men who have been struggling with this issue and in some small way have found comfort in what accounts I have shared here. Also through my contacts within the gay community, I occasionally am placed into contact with those who are just starting their journey from married life into a single gay life.

Such was the case of one gentleman that telephoned me on Sunday evening. He's had quite a journey already. We are the same age, but there are many issues left to face as he makes his journey out of the closet and into the light of day. I honestly ache for him....because I know that the struggles he has had have been no picnic......and the journey ahead is going to be quite a painful one. When he says to his wife that he wants to separate and get a divorce....well...I think it is going to be a very tough struggle indeed. The numbness will set in and the fog will begin to swirl. He has children that do not know....so that's another disclosure he must contemplate. Finally, his livelihood could be destroyed with one false word or action by his wife.

I can tell that things are weighing on his mind. But there is just so much that I can do. He's a few hundred miles away. I've just been sending him cyber hugs...because I am not able to give him the real thing.

I'm praying for him.....and that God will open all the right doors for him.

It is so neat how people come into our lives.

Maybe I can be of help to him or offer a shoulder to cry on.....or be a sounding board.

1 comment:

bear said...

I've been following a lot of your guys journey now...not sure why. I think it's such a difficult dilemna, it seems like there is no win-win anywhere, just a lot of pain and extended periods of suffering...seems like all of you have ended the same way - divorced (and strangely about the same time!) You should definitely have an audience I think...