Monday, July 07, 2008

BIG NEWS!

Gosh, in all my whining, I forgot to share with you some very important news and this is a BIG deal!

Saturday morning, first thing, I had a doctor's appointment. It's not one of my favorite things, but nonetheless....because of my diabetes, I must go. Usually a couple of days beforehand I have labwork done so that the doctor can see how my kidneys are functioning....and due to all the medications I'm on that can affect the liver, she wants to always see how it's doing. On top of this, she always checks my sugars...to see how they're being managed.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE....

She burst into the examination room to announce that my sugars, for the first time in 15 years, are in the NORMAL range! On top of this, the kidneys are fine....and the liver is fantastic. Finally, the old blood pressure was okay.

Yes, it looks like I'm gonna live!

***APPLAUSE*******

Seriously folks, I'm amazed at how my body has behaved during the stressful time of the final years of the marriage. It felt at times like my body was falling apart. But from the moment of my separation from Lovey, the numbers have been improving....slowly..... and now this!

I am so thankful.

The doctor says that the best revenge that I can have toward the X is to do well....and to be happy.....and to live a long, prosperous and healthy life. (She knows that Lovey always harped about how I never took care of myself....and that I was gonna have a stroke, etc.) Gosh, I want to show her.

Had to share this with you.....thanks for all your kind thoughts and words...

No comments: