Monday, July 07, 2008

It's Monday...

It's Monday morning, and thankfully I have today off. I loved this lon weekend because it has given me the opportunity to clean the house from where my son had visited. His garbage was all over the place. I hate cleaning up his mess. Next time, I'm establishing ground rules for him to follow....like making sure that his trash goes where it should and not under or behind furniture.

Last night I did something I have never done before. I suppose it's a sign that I'm learning to live again, by myself and without any outside help or interference. As I said in yesterday's post, I have been suffering from a case of the blues since Saturday and my trip to the cemetery. I went to church and spent time with my church friends yesterday. In the evening, I felt like I was smothering from that cloud that hovered over me. That deep longing to be with someone special....to love them....and to be loved by them proved to be just too much for me.

So, I looked online and got the times for the showing of SEX AND THE CITY.

I"ve been trying to get some of my friends to go with me....but they all wrinkle up their noses and say, "Chick flick."

Well, I got myself together and went to the 6:45 p.m. showing. There I sat in the dark, enjoying my popcorn and enjoying myself--being with me. I laughed. I giggled. I chortled. I enjoyed the eye candy in the film.

It was awesome.

I was out of the movie by a little after 9:00 p.m. and decided to walk across the shopping center to a favorite restaurant of mine. I ordered a salad....and sat there.....pondering my life....and watching an attractive gay couple share their meal.

"One day," i told myself. "That's gonna be you...."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frank;
As I have said before, this is the place that you have to get to -- regularly -- before you are really ready for someone to be in your life. Until you are at the point that you want to be with you, as you are, you are not going to be right for someone else. Would you want to be with someone who would want to be with you if you did not like yourself enough to be happy just being with you?

Rick